LEUKINE® (sargramostim) activates multilineage immune defense against infection1
LEUKINE is the first and only FDA-approved GM-CSF that supports the survival, growth, and activation of neutrophils, monocytes/macrophages, and myeloid-derived dendritic cells1
Multipotent hematopoietic stem cell2-5*
*This image is a partial representation of the hematopoietic cascade. It does not include all cytokines necessary for hematopoiesis.
Neutrophil: first responder
- Neutrophils are the first line of immune defense against invading pathogens, including bacteria, fungi, and protozoa7
- They phagocytize and destroy pathogens and enhance the anti-infection response of immune cells such as dendritic cells, lymphocytes, and natural killer cells7
- GM-CSF enhances the chemotactic and phagocytic activity of neutrophils and extends neutrophil survival5
Macrophage: immune regulator
- Macrophages are highly adaptable and dynamic phagocytes that orchestrate the body’s response to infection6
- They prime and stimulate T cells, promote tissue repair and wound healing, mediate defense against fungal and bacterial pathogens, and produce anti- and pro-inflammatory cytokines6
- GM-CSF augments the ability of macrophages to phagocytize and destroy bacteria and fungi1,5
Dendritic cell: antigen presenter
- Dendritic cells are responsible for antigen presentation and immune response regulation8
- They initiate long-lasting and pathogen-specific immunity8
- GM-CSF links innate and adaptive immunity by inducing the growth and maturation of antigen-presenting myeloid-derived dendritic cells1,8
G-CSF=granulocyte-colony stimulating factor; GM-CSF=granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor.
Take a brief survey about your treatment approaches after transplant
A donation will be made upon completion of the survey to support patients navigating the transplant journey.